Liquid Glucosamine for Arthritis Resources
Arthritis Pain Relief Product Comparison
When your health is at stake, you need to know how to choose between
competing products and see through the marketing hype. There
are six factors that you need to take into your decision making process before purchasing any glucosamine
- Amount of glucosamine per daily dose
- Type of glucosamine
- Quality of ingredients
- Delivery system
- Synergistic ingredients
- Price per day
- It is very important to compare price per day and not price per product, as many companies try to fool you by providing 60 capsules or 32 oz. and not telling you until after you purchased that you must use 6 capsules or 2 oz. per day.
Capsules or Liquid?Did you know that nutritional supplements like glucosamine are usually absorbed faster and become bioavailable quicker in liquid form than in pill form? In addition, with pills you run the risks that binders and fillers are in the pills, reducing the actual amount of the beneficial supplement, causing the pill to be less absorbable and less bioavailable than liquid glucosamine and as a result, passing through your digestive system without having the intended beneficial effect on your osteoarthritis.The outside coating of pills and capsules can cause a barrier in the breakdown of the supplement, meaning that the supplement may pass through your digestive track before it is able to dissolve fully.
about our rating system
Clinical studies have indicated that liquid glucosamine is absorbed more quickly than in pill or capsule form.
|There are websites being operated on the internet that purport to be neutral in their product evaluations. However, most fail to alert consumers that in fact, they are promoting their own products without fully disclosing their interest. It is our feeling that this is unfair to the consumer. For that reason, we want to advise you that this evaluation is being provided by Synflex America, Inc., the makers of Synflex®. We have had years of experience in this industry and our interest is in providing you with information that we hope will be useful in making an informed decision about the product you select. We also suggest that you take a careful look at product comparisons on other websites and try to ascertain who is funding each such website. If someone is failing to disclose their identity on an endorsement, then they may be willing to hide other information important to your purchasing decision.|
First, let's review the leading liquid Glucosamine formulas:
Amount of Glucosamine
per daily dose: 1,500 mg
* Doctor RecommendedWebsite: http://www.synflexamerica.com
Syn-flex® 1500 is not recommended for pets. Use only the original formula Synflex® for pets or the beef flavored Synflex® for pets.
Amount of Glucosamine
per daily dose: 1,250 mg
* Doctor and Veterinarian RecommendedWebsite: http://www.synflexamerica.com
Amount of Glucosamine per daily dose: 100 mg
Type of Glucosamine: Glucosamine Sulfate
Quality of Glucosamine: not known
Delivery System: Liquid
6 calories, 1.4 grams of Carbohydrate, 8 mg. of Vitamin C, 300 mg. of Mucopolysaccharides, 100 mg. of Glucosamine Potassium Sulfate, and 100 mg. of MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane). Other ingredients include Filtered Water, Fructose, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Red Cabbage Extract (for color), Sodium Benzoate (Preserves Freshness)
Price per day: $1.00
Rating rationale: A low amount of Glucosamine, unknown quality of ingredients, an alternate system of chondroitin delivery. The product has very little in it besides fruit flavoring. The thing this product has going for it is that it is in liquid form.
Amount of Glucosamine per daily dose: 2,100 mg
Type of Glucosamine: Glucosamine HCL
Quality of Glucosamine: pharmaceutical-grade
Delivery System: Liquid
600 mg of Chondroitin Sulfate, 600 mg of MSM, 1.9 mg of Manganese, 500mg of Vitamin C, 20 mg of Yucca, 15 mg of Boswellic Acid
Price per day: $1.06 - $2.12
Rating Rationale: A good mix of ingredients with a good supply of Glucosamine. The Glucosamine is Glucosamine HCL. It has MSM; there are very few studies of the effects of MSM on humans. Those who advocate using MSM to relieve arthritis pain say that you should take from 1,000 mg to 6,000 mg per day to realize its benefits. It also has a little Manganese, and 833% of the RDA of Vitamin C, which may cause a severely upset stomach for many. The very high price will rule it out for most budgets, but if you can afford it, it may give you some relief, seeing that it is in liquid form.
A note on MSM: There are very few studies
of the effect of MSM on humans but some do show that MSM
reduces inflammation and pain if taken in an adequate daily
dosage. The human studies known to us are by Dr. Lawrence
at UCLA, who gave the patients 2,250 mg per day (750 mg, 3
times per day) and by P.R. Usha who gave the patients 1,500
mg (500 mg, 3 times per day). If you are going to take MSM,
it appears that large dosages may be necessary to experience
any pain-reducing benefits it may have.
The Capsule Products
Reminder: Liquid glucosamine absorbed more quickly, much more fully, and provides greater and longer lasting relief.
Due to this, we have given two ratings for the capsule products since we need to be comparing apples with apples. The overall rating is a rating that is compared to all products. The capsule rating is a rating as it stands among only products which provide glucosamine in pill form.
*no picture provided
The below capsule products are not recommended because they:
- Failed independent testing
- Contain a mixture of herbs not known to be safe
- Put consumers at risk for lead/mercury contamination
- Contain unproved substances
The below products are not highly recommended.
Capsule Products to Avoid:
- Glucosamine Plus™
- Joint Care™
- Pain Free™
- Joint Fuel™
- Joint Rescue™
There is growing evidence that glucosamine can actually be absorbed through the skin. For that reason, the makers of Synflex® also make available a topical analgesic which contains glucosamine.
We recommend products that contain pharmaceutical level, high quality, liquid glucosamine sulfate or a mixture of both glucosamine sulfate and glucosamine HCL. The best products are also combined with ingredients that work synergistically with glucosamine to help rebuild cartilage, ease pain, reduce inflammation, and increase mobility. These include:
- White Willow Bark
- Chondroitin Sulfate
- Yucca Powder
- Manganese Ascorbate
- Vitamin C
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid
- Omega 6 Fatty Acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
While the majority of research to date has been done on pill products, liquid products provide greater absorption and greater availability, meaning greater pain relief for osteoarthritis sufferers. Overall, there are a great many products that can assist, and it is wise to research and do your homework on what would be best for you.
As far as capsule products are concerned, we recommend Osteo-Bi-Flex and Cosamin DS, however, we recommend that first you try a liquid glucosamine product with the qualities described above for the reasons stated above.
As noted throughout this page, Synflex America, Inc. provides this information. Synflex America, Inc. believes that good quality liquid glucosamine products are more beneficial to osteoarthritis sufferers than are glucosamine pills, powders, capsules or tablets. Among the liquid glucosamine products, Synflex America believes that its product Synflex® is the best for the reasons stated above. You, of course, must exercise your own judgment about which product is the most beneficial at a reasonable cost.
You may also be interested in:
- Glucosamine Blog - Arthritis pain relief with Glucosamine Chondroitin. Syn-flex liquid Glucosamine Chondroitin for arthritis pain relief in people, pet arthritis in dogs and feline arthritis, and Synflex for athletes.
- Dosage Info - The daily dose of Synflex® for humans is 1/4 oz. We recommend doubling the dosage during the first ten days. For individuals weighing more than 220 pounds, you may wish to take a 1/2 oz. per day.
- Liquid Glucosamine FAQ - You have questions about liquid glucosamine and arthritis pain relief. We have answers.
- Usage - Learn how to measure Synflex's liquid glucosamine properly.
- Ingredients - Synflex has the ingredients we claim it has as shown by a random test of a number of Glucosamine products conducted by Consumer Labs several years ago.
- All About Glucosamine - Have questions about liquid glucosamine and how it can help provide arthritis joint pain relief? Find out here.
- Glucosamine Side Effects - Information on Liquid Glucosamine for Arthritis Pain relief. Exlanation of advantages of liquid glucosamine. Information on liquid glucosamine for athletes and pets.
- Liquid Glucosamine - Liquid glucosamine is better than capsule or pills. Find out why.
- Why Synflex - Why is Synflex the best glucosamine supplement for arthritis? Find out!
- Synflex Power Plus - Get fast arthritis pain relief with Synflex Power Plus.
- Synflex For Pets Original Formula - Don’t let your pets suffer with arthritis pain! Liquid glucosamine for pets helps your furry friends feel better.
- Synflex For Athletes - Synflex offers joint supplements for runners and athletes. Learn how liquid glucosamine can help you feel better and boost your endurance.
- Synflex 1500 - Synflex 1500 provides arthritis joint relief to those who suffer from excruciating pain. Learn how Synflex 1500 arthritis joint supplements can help you.
- Synflex Original Formula - Learn why Synflex original arthritis joint supplements have sold over 1 million billion bottles worldwide.
- About Synflex - Learn more about glucosamine for arthritis and how it can give you the arthritis joint remedy relief.