Is Glucosamine an Anti Inflammatory?
Here is what studies have shown
March 03, 2013
Glucosamine is an amino sugar produced naturally by our bodies. It plays a key role in the production, maintenance, and repair of cartilage. Glucosamine stimulates the production of glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans, two essential building blocks of cartilage. Results from several scientific studies show that Glucosamine supplements aid in effectively managing Osteoarthritis (OA), an inflammatory disease. Glucosamine is absorbed by the body and works to soothe sore joints, maintain joint flexibility, stimulate the production of synovial fluid, maintain the health of existing joint tissue, and assist in rebuilding of healthy new cartilage.
But, does Glucosamine act as an anti inflammatory? In fact, studies show that Glucosamine does reduce inflammation in the cells that line the joints, the synovial joints, as well as in the blood vessel and endothelial cells. In four key studies, high quality Glucosamine supplements were shown to be more effective than other widely prescribed anti inflammatory medications. In each study, Glucosamine supplements were found to be safer; they did not produce the negative side effects of anti inflammatories. A pharmaceutical strength liquid formula Glucosamine may help to reduce inflammation, which is a major symptom of OA. Often the pain associated with OA is a result of inflammation within the joint.
Glucosamine Can Help Alleviate other Inflammatory Disease Symptoms:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic autoimmune disease that is often disabling to sufferers. This type of arthritis causes the immune system to attack one’s joints and results in inflammation, pain, and damage to the bone and cartilage around the joints.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is also an autoimmune disease that causes extreme pain and frequent diarrhea.
Clinical studies have shown improvements in symptoms of both of the inflammatory diseases above.
Why Liquid Glucosamine as an Anti Inflammatory?
Liquid Glucosamine formulas are highly recommended because they absorb much faster and effectively into the body. Liquid Glucosamine supplements, such as Synflex®, are formulated to reduce pain, improve mobility, reduce inflammation, and assist in rehabilitating damaged cartilage. Even with high quality formulas, it may take 4-6 weeks before maximum results are achieved. If you take the supplement daily, you should see full results that will enable you to live a pain free life with OA.
You may also be interested in:
- Effectiveness Glucosamine - If you have a beloved pet that is simply slowing down with age, then you may consider finding a way to put your pet at ease. This process may not be easy at times, but there are many medicines available for pain relief for your pet.
- Best Glucosamine Supplement - If you are considering taking a Glucosamine supplement, then you want to make sure it’s the best product available. So, what exactly should you be looking for when searching the Glucosamine market? Read On...
- Glucosamine And Chondroitin - Many orthopedic physicians are advising their patients to take a blend of glucosamine and chondroitin after surgery, such as knee or hip replacement.
- Cardiovascular Risks - Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are among the most commonly prescribed medications for ailments, such as arthritis. Shockingly, however, they have been shown to be related to cardiovascular risks.
- Arthritis And Vitamin D - Vitamin D plays a vital role in our wellbeing. A Vitamin D deficiency is believed to be linked to a variety of diseases, including cancer, diabetes, and arthritis. Arthritis can stem from an inadequate amount of the vitamin, and may even worsen from the
- Glucosamine And Arthritis - Adults in the U.S. are living longer and the number of people in older age groups is increasing. One might believe this is a cause for celebration. Unfortunately, the number of adults living with chronic conditions like arthritis is expected to increase a
- Arthritis And Exercise - Exercise is an effective way to keep arthritis pain at bay. It is crucial to the prevention of arthritis to keep moving. A lack of exercise will only elevate the symptoms
- Arthritis Therapy - When you are suffering from Arthritis pain, you are often willing to take any additional steps to alleviate the symptoms. Arthritis can often be managed through exercise, diet, supplements, and medication.