Why Doesn’t Beef Flavored for Pets Contain Vitamin C?
Vitamin C for Dogs – Not the Best Idea
Your dog can manufacture all of the vitamin C its body needs. A dog’s glandular system is different than the glandular system of a human. Your furry friend is able to synthesize (manufacture) its own vitamin C through the liver, using trace minerals in his or her diet. The human's glandular system cannot manufacture vitamin C like dogs, so our bodies need to have a supplemental dietary source such as fruits.
Side Effects of Vitamin C for Dogs
First, it is important to note that our Synflex® Liquid Glucosamine Original Formula does not contain enough vitamin C to harm your pet. Since both humans and pets use our original formula, we have included vitamin C for the benefits for humans.
Vitamin C is a natural laxative. Giving your dog too much vitamin C can cause diarrhea, at the least. Too much vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, can cause stress to your dog’s organs because your dog’s system naturally works to rid itself of ascorbic acid. Long-term excessive doses can contribute to kidney stones as well as kidney and liver damage.
When to Give your Dog Vitamin C
Always consult your veterinarian before giving your dog vitamin C supplements.
In some cases, it may be beneficial to give your dog high doses of vitamin C. Particularly, dogs with immune deficiencies and dogs with vitamin C deficiency will benefit.
Signs of vitamin C deficiency include an increase rate of infections, slower healing, and joint problems. Your veterinarian can tell you the amount of vitamin C to give your dog to combat the specific problem. Typically, the dosage will be high and only last for a few days.
You may also be interested in:
- Glucosamine Blog - Arthritis pain relief with Glucosamine Chondroitin. Syn-flex liquid Glucosamine Chondroitin for arthritis pain relief in people, pet arthritis in dogs and feline arthritis, and Synflex for athletes.
- Dosage Info - The daily dose of Synflex® for humans is 1/4 oz. We recommend doubling the dosage during the first ten days. For individuals weighing more than 220 pounds, you may wish to take a 1/2 oz. per day.
- Liquid Glucosamine FAQ - You have questions about liquid glucosamine and arthritis pain relief. We have answers.
- Usage - Learn how to measure Synflex's liquid glucosamine properly.
- Ingredients - Synflex has the ingredients we claim it has as shown by a random test of a number of Glucosamine products conducted by Consumer Labs several years ago.
- All About Glucosamine - Have questions about liquid glucosamine and how it can help provide arthritis joint pain relief? Find out here.
- Glucosamine Side Effects - Information on Liquid Glucosamine for Arthritis Pain relief. Exlanation of advantages of liquid glucosamine. Information on liquid glucosamine for athletes and pets.
- Liquid Glucosamine - Liquid glucosamine is better than capsule or pills. Find out why.
- Contact Information - Arthritis pain relief with Glucosamine Chondroitin. Syn-flex liquid Glucosamine Chondroitin for arthritis pain relief in people, pet arthritis in dogs and feline arthritis, and Synflex for athletes.
- Why Synflex - Why is Synflex the best glucosamine supplement for arthritis? Find out!
- Synflex Power Plus - Get fast arthritis pain relief with Synflex Power Plus.
- Synflex For Pets Original Formula - Don’t let your pets suffer with arthritis pain! Liquid glucosamine for pets helps your furry friends feel better.
- Synflex For Athletes - Synflex offers joint supplements for runners and athletes. Learn how liquid glucosamine can help you feel better and boost your endurance.
- Synflex 1500 - Synflex 1500 provides arthritis joint relief to those who suffer from excruciating pain. Learn how Synflex 1500 arthritis joint supplements can help you.
- Synflex Information - Arthritis pain relief with Glucosamine Chondroitin. Syn-flex liquid Glucosamine Chondroitin for arthritis pain relief in people, pet arthritis in dogs and feline arthritis, and Synflex for athletes.